UnionPay services since April, 2006Local service hotline: 0-800-450-831 (landline)
In New Zealand, UnionPay cards are accepted at 90,000 merchants and 90% ATMs.
New Zealand – Pure Heaven
New Zealand, having natural scenery here and there, is the first choice for tourists fond of ruralism and nature. In the meantime, the abundant natural resources there make New Zealand become the priority to purchase dairy products, wool products and honey products. How can you take a preferential and easy trip to New Zealand. Take your UnionPay cards (card number starting with 62) to enjoy more privileges and services.
UnionPay POS Acceptance in New Zealand
1) Major Airports
• Auckland International Airport：
o Shopping: Around 95% of retail merchants accept UnionPay Card, including Aelia, Discovery, Coach, TUMI, Icebreaker，All Blacks, Merino Collection, Mountain Jade, MAC, Victoria’s Secret, Relay, Whittaker’s …
o Food & Drinks: KFC, McDonald's, Hayama Sushi, Silk Road, Popo Dumplings, TANK, Dunkin’ Donuts…
o Services: Telecom service providers Spark and Vodafone, Europcar, Thrifty Car Rental, iSite…
• Christchurch International Airport
o Aelia Duty Free, Global Culture, The Remarkable Sweet Shop, Relay, Vodafone…
• Queenstown International Airport
o Global Culture, Icebreaker, Edmund Hillary, Patagonia Cafe, Vodafone…
• Duty Free: DFS T Galleria, Aelia…
• Brand Store: LV, Gucci, Prada, Dior, Chanel，Bulgari ，VCA，Tiffany & Co;
• Jewellery Shop: Partridge Jewellers, Michael Hill, Walker & Hall, Pandora…
o Mainstream supermarkets- All Countdown in the New Zealand
- New World (Metro Queen Street, Mt Roskill, Remuera, Howick, Hillcrest Hamilton, Wellington City, Kaikoura, Nelson City, Hokitika, Fendalton CHCH, Durham Street CHCH, Stanmore CHCH, Wigram CHCH, Centre City Dunedin…)
- PAK N SAVE (Albany，Wairau Park, Silverdale, Sylvia Park, Manukau, Taupo, Gisborne, Upper Hutt, Blenheim, Hornby, Queenstown…)
- Four Square (Te Anau, Tekapo, Akaroa, Fairlie, Alpine…)
o Asian supermarkets:
- Chinese Supermarket: all TAI PING stores, Da Hua (Albany,Northcote, Mt Eden, Panmure), Lim Chhour (K Road, Mt Albert, Manukau), Fresh & Save (Albany, Hillcrest), NJK Asian Supermarket, YummyMart, Tofu Shop
- Japanese Supermarket: Japan Mart
- Korean Supermarket: Wang Food Market
• Gift Shops/Pharmacies: Chemist Warhouse, Aotea Gifts, Unichem, Life Pharmacy
• North Island: Auckland Sky Tower, Agrodome Farm, Polynesian Spa, Hell’s Gate, Te Puia, Rainbow Springs…
• South Island: NZONE Skydive, Skyline, Wanaka Skydive, Real Journeys (TSS Earnslaw Cruises, Milford Sound Cruises…）, Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters…
• SKYCITY, SkyCity Grand, Hilton, Sofitel, Park Hyatt Auckland, Novotel, Grand Millennium, Crown Plaza, Cordis, Heritage, QT, Rydges, Oaks, Ibis, YHA…
• Car Rental: Thrifty, Apex, Ace, Europcar, Omega, Yesaway…
• Taxi：About 90% of New Zealand taxis can accept UnionPay Card
• Petrol Station: All Z service stations, some Caltex, some GAS
6) Food & Drinks
• International Chain: Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Sals Authentic New York Pizza …
• Local Specialty: All SKYCITY restaurants and bars (Depot, Orbit…), Fergburger, Skyline Stratosfare, Flame Bar & Grill, Giapo, Miann, White + Wong's, Angus Steak House, AMANO, Better Burger…
• Classic Chinese Restaurants: Live Fish, Grand Harbour, Zen E Private Kitchen, Grand Park Chinese Seafood Restaurant, Dragon Boat Restaurant, Seafood Paradise, China Yum Char Restaurant, Lao Guang Zhou Hotpot, Xiao Long Kan Hotpot…
UnionPay Online Acceptance in New Zealand
There are around 1500 websites or APPs in New Zealand accepting UnionPay Online Payment.
1) Tourist Sights:
Hobbiton, AJ Hackett Bungy, NZONE Skydive, Te Puia, Attractions under Ngai Tahu group, Whale Watch KAIKOURA, WETA Workshop, Snow Planet…
YHA, Apex Car Rental, Railbus, Luxury Airport Shuttles…
3) Online shopping:
The Mall (AKL Airport), David Jones, Karen Walker, Michael Hill Jeweller, Noel leeming, PB Tech, Glengarry Wines, The Good Wine Co, ibuy Pharmacy, Hungry Panda APP...
The University of Auckland, The University of Victoria, New Zealand Immigration, OrbitProtect International Student Insurance…
• If an account needs to be selected at POS terminals, for Debit Card please select ‘Cheque’ or ‘Saving’, for Credit Card please select ‘Credit’.
• When using co-branded cards, you may not be able to choose UnionPay as the routing option at some merchants. Therefore, you are advised to use UnionPay cards with card number starting with 62 so as to be benefited from the special offers and services provided by UnionPay.
• Due to the purchase limits for credit card consumption, it is recommended to use UnionPay debit cards for large luxury related transactions, as they are subject only to the limit of the balance of the card. Please consult your issuer on the possible cap on the transaction amount.
POS acceptanceUnionPay cards can be accepted at any merchant with the UnionPay logo or the UnionPay electronic logo displayed on the POS terminal. Since that some of the merchants have yet to put up the UnionPay signage, cardholders may show their UnionPay cards upon the till and inquire about UnionPay acceptance.Mainly located in Auckland, Rotorua, Queenstown and other cities most frequented by Chinese tourists, these merchants include most of the local brand stores, duty-free shops, hotels, restaurants, and tourist destinations, such as the DFS New Zealand, The Loop NZ, Aelia Duty Free, SkyCity, Kiwi Discovery at the airport, Rainbow Springs, Agrodome, Huka Falls Jet, Skyline SkyRides, etc.When using co-branded cards, you may not be able to choose UnionPay as the routing option at some merchants. Therefore, you are advised to use UnionPay cards with card number starting with 62 so as to be benefited from the special offers and services provided by UnionPay.Due to the purchase limits for credit card consumption, it is recommended to use UnionPay debit cards for large luxury related transactions, as they are subject only to the limit of the balance of the card.
Cash withdrawalThere are more than 90% of ATMs in New Zealand accepting UnionPay Card for balance check and cash withdrawal, including all ATMs under Westpac, ANZ, BNZ and Kiwibank.Please refer to the latest government policy on overseas cash withdrawal via UnionPay cards at Help Center-Card-using Instructions-Refined Card-using Tips". Daily cash withdrawal limit from respective issuers and/or ATM may apply. Please consult your issuer on the possible cap on the amount. You may split your withdrawals into several times which comply with the limit(s).
ChargesATM commission fee consists of two parts:(1)Service fee charged by the issuer: please consult the issuer for details.(2)Service fee charged by the ATM acquirer in New Zealand: some ATMs will charge commission fee, which is charged by the local banks in New Zealand and which has nothing to do with UnionPay or the issuer.
• For Debit Card please select ‘Cheque’ or ‘Saving’, for Credit Card please select ‘Credit’.
• According to the regulations by China State Administration of Foreign Exchange, the cumulative withdrawal of funds from ATMs using UnionPay cards abroad shall not exceed RMB10,000 equivalent in foreign currency per card per day, and the total amount of bank cards under one's name (including supplementary cards) shall not exceed RMB100,000 equivalent per year.
• Daily cash withdrawal limit from respective issuers and/or ATM may apply. Please consult your issuer on the possible cap on the amount. You may split your withdrawals into several times which comply with the limit(s).